Lawsuit Claims Exploding iPad Caused Fatal Parsippany Fire

Photo: Pixabay

According to the Hopatcong Patch, an apartment complex fire that killed a Parsippany man two years ago, is being blamed on an iPad battery that caught fire, according to the mans daughter who filed a lawsuit against Apple this week.

64-year-old Bradley Ireland was killed in an apartment complex fire in Feb. 2017. His daughter, Julia Ireland Meo, filed a lawsuit in federal court stating that there were defects in the iPad's battery that directly lead to her father's death.

The lawsuit also states that the defects and updates in the battery are what made the iPad "unreasonably dangerous" and is asking for a jury trial and unspecified damages.

Back in 2017, Morris County Prosecutor Fredric Knapp said the fire likely started near an "electrical appliance" in the kitchen and that it was not criminal in nature.

Not only did the fire kill Bradley Ireland, it displaced residents of the Colonial Heights Apartment complex.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content